04/08/2019: Firefox has been built
After hours of build attempts of both Chromium and Firefox, we have successfully packaged Firefox. Chromium is a story for another time. The build systems for these two browsers border on insanity and their overall size and complexity is paramount.
- Firefox requires both GTK2 and GTK3. GTK2 is required only for flash. 
- Both Chromium and Firefox require
- Both Chromium and Firefox require Python 2.
- Both browsers bundle all of their required third-party libraries and they cannot all be set to use the system’s.
clangis now the default and “supported” compiler of both browsers.
- Firefox requires a version of
automakewhich is 18(?) years old.  
- Firefox requires
rustwhich was painful to package for
muslto say the least.
- Chromium’s build scripts require
pythonwhich points to
- A large number of patches were needed for both to support
- Both browsers depend on GTK+3 which depends on
dbus. This dependency was removed by using a fake
- ALSA audio support is being removed from Firefox. This includes the configure flag to enable it.
- This will be updated as I remember things.
-  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1377445
-  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=104642
-  https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=297544